Saturday, July 12, 2008

Home....

Today will mark a full one year of my beloved God mother Jeannie Cheah Koo Yook Foong's departure home. It is something very hard for me to bear as the image of the day which she departed home was playing again and again in my mind like a slide show that never ends. But i know what to do, yes this is not a day that I should be depressed about this is the day for me to feel and truly embrace her loving memories. It is hard... going to the house without that usual shout calling me "SAIFUL!!!" from the computer, yes it is lonely at the house without the loud singing and sounds from the karaoke, yes it is rather dark at the house without those beautiful flickering tea light candles. Everything is hard but REAL.

Slowly I opened my special drawer, withdrew a small British India Jasmine candle, placed it on my double rounded tray and lit. This specific candle was mummy's favorite which later became my favorite as well. A tea light candle was placed by the window in my candle holder.

the candle

Later as the night drew late and the candles slowly burning away; its lights flickering, dancing shadows and my room filled with the aromatic smell of Jasmine, I smiled. My heart suddenly feels so warm, a familiar sense and feelings emerged... we all know why. No mater where she is now she will always have a special place in my heart. Mummy I miss you, we all do…

No comments: