Monday, June 30, 2008

Yet another dream

I had always imagined about how my mid 20's would be. Living alone in a flat with simple but chic interior. Having coffee in a coffee shop while reading my newest book every afternoon. Come home, cook dinner and bake my desert and bread for the next morning. Start painting again in my workshop and designing my own home furnishing brand. Go to gym and visit the orphanage while dropping off some cakes and biscuits I baked the night before. I would visit my cafe, managing the staffs while figuring out new promotions and menu for the cafe.

Every other day I would go out with my girl and catch a movie, cook her dinner and take a walk on the beach or park. I would go to my parent's house and have dinner every weekend. I would hang out with my friends, visit my God father and have interesting conversations.

Every week I would take my nephews out for some grocery shopping and let them play with my cat named KAT (short for KATHY). I would also study for my second degree in interior design while going for a part time course in cooking and business. I would try to help my parents with my two little sister’s educations.

Yes this is how I imagine my mid 20's would be. I almost have it all but life is really a strange thing, when you thought you almost have it all; it’s all gone. Papa and Krystyn are right, I am a man and I cannot afford to break down so often. The only reason I am writing all this today is because I wanted to remind myself of my own dreams, my ambition, and the way of life I had planned since I was a boy.

I know I have a long way to go before I have all this and maybe I would not achieve it by my 25th birthday but I am certain to work for it. There is no point of wanting something without working for it. I started to paint, bake and design the remaining portion of Kaye Residence. I managed to get her attention again. I got two dozen cupcakes order from my neighbour to fulfil this weekend, finding cooking and interior design school as well. It’s a start. I hope everything would turn out ok.

2 comments:

KS Cheah said...

Dear Saiful,

I am glad to know you have dreams and goals; or rather, you know how to have dreams and goals.

Do try to remember that whenever we encounter barriers, it is all so easy for us to "break down" rather than to attempt to break down the barriers or circumvent them.

Would like to refer you to the second paragraph of a recent post in my blog: http://nocturnal-mind.blogspot.com/2008/06/price-hikes.html

Take care.

Papa

P/S Your cupcakes were very good!!

Kaye Ridzuan said...

hi papa,

of coz i know how to have dreams and goals. Im a champion of day dreaming hahahah. Im glad that you liked my cupcakes. I hope prince enjoyed his cupcakes too. :-)