Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Kite Runner's sibling

The kite runner made quite a stir in the market lately. With the movie which came out not long ago and Khaled Hosseini promoting the Kite Runner’s sibling “A thousand Splendid Suns” the stir continues and continues. Wow I bet he is making tons of money as we speak. Hehehe.

A thousand splendid suns like its sibling the kite runner is a story that evolved in the setting of Afghanistan. Hosseini the writer has done it again.. Although I had read halfway to chapter 2 I gotta admit that this second book is really good. I love the colourful settings, the beautiful descriptions of Afghanistan and its culture, but what I love the most is how he depicted the violence that we all never knew was happening or even existed in Afghanistan before it was invaded. (If it was true)

This second book is as “splendid” as its title. I suggest you to pick up the phone and reserve one copy for your self now….or else you will regret it! Like my best friend and I love to say! “Buy! Buy! Buy! Buy!” hahahaa


No comments: