Monday, May 19, 2008

Designer i love for the moment

There are limited choices of brands available in KL that could dress up a not so funky, not so conservative, not so sporty guy like me. Most of the time I had been going to the same designers or brands all over and somehow I’m getting tired of wearing the same boring designers. Shops that I usually visit for some clothes mainly reside in KLCC as I go to gym there. After working out I usually gave a quick stroll around and pick up something to wear.

My usual designers are Armani, Calvin Klien, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Laurent, DKNY umm I think that’s all that I can afford rite now hahahah. Other brands that I do wear are Zara, Reply, Guess, British India, Timberland, Topman, Nike and occasionally I will visit Padani or SEED (I kinda like their clothes, but they are always on sale so there is no point buying them when they have new arrivals.)

A few months ago I discovered Ted Baker, ok ok I know its kinda lame coz everyone knows about Ted Baker! As interesting as their boutique their clothes are actually really nice! Ok I admit it I love their Interior rather that their clothes. Amazingly they also sell swimwear hahahah. I think you guys should check out their website, it’s really cheeky and fun at http://www.tedbaker.com .


pictures are courtesy of http://www.markleo.net/blog/

When it comes to dressing up I really don’t know what I am doing and I end up with the same things on my back but I love to see interesting boutique designs, packaging and marketing strategies used by these designers. Truly innovative.

4 comments:

KS Cheah said...

Dear Saiful, designer clothes are well and fine but sometimes I wonder about those who are drawn to them. I suppose it tends to say more about the label conscious person rather than the designer brand.

If you tell me you pay a premium for designer clothes because they are so comfortable and of high quality fabric and workmanship, I can accept that. Whether the premium is worth the above is debatable and that brings us to the real reason for designer brands; image. This is where I am apprehensive.

For all intents and purposes you are still a student. I don't think I need to elaborate further.

Papa

Kaye Ridzuan said...

Hai papa! im so glad you posted a reply to my post. thank you! Basically i bought designer's clothes coz i like the designs, workmanship and quality. i do buy normal brands but i'm tired of my clothes being faded too quickly or torn.

as an example my levi's jeans's life spend hardly reached 3 months whereby if i buy a Calvin Klein for an example, would last me a bout 6-7 months without torn and with the same hard wearing routine i do with a levi's. a giordano sweater faded badly after the 3-4th wash whereby a GAP still maintains its colors after a year of use and wash.

it really goes down to long term investments only this time around it is an investment on clothing. i know your intention is really good pa, but image is really important when i go out with my dad, looking shabby is not an option so i am merely practicing everyday, perfecting my stage.

KS Cheah said...

Dear Saiful,

I am glad you responded to my comments. Of course I agree that you should not look shabby when going out with your dad or for that matter when going out per se. However, I do hope you do not think the only way not to look shabby is to dress in designer brands from head to toe.

Perception, my dear boy. Keep and eye on the perceptions both within and without.

Papa

Kaye Ridzuan said...

Hello papa, I do agreed that designers are not the only answer to not looking shabby. I once lived without designer's stuffs and I still managed to look good. heheh (Krystyn would be saying: self praise is no praise) yeah you are right it's all about perception. Thanks for your wisdom and advice papa. I really appreciate it.